The hire form must be filled and signed by an adult over the age of 18, who agrees to take responsibility for the equipment and its use during hire. By signing this hire agreement:
- You confirm you have read and understand the safety brief relevant to your chosen equipment.
- You accept liability for all loss or damage to boards and agree to pay for such as listed under ‘damage costing’. If boards are returned late you will need to pay for the excess time hired. No refunds are offered if you return equipment early.
- You understand that we do not take any responsibility for any injury to yourself or others during the hire period.
- You understand that we do not take responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal belongings, the hire equipment, or belongings of others during the hire period.
- You declare that you are physically fit and able to safely use hired equipment, and that you have no pre-existing medical conditions that may affect your abilities in the water. If you do not adhere to the safety brief/safety guidelines or otherwise act unsafely you will be asked to return equipment immediately without refund, and you will be liable to pay for any loss/damage of equipment.
- You declare that you can swim at least 50 meters unaided in open water and accept the risk of using equipment on open water. You cannot hire equipment under any circumstances if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if you have taken medication that may affect your abilities in the water.
- You understand that we do not recommend that children under the age of 8 use hire equipment, and as such we do not provide buoyancy aids for children.
- You agree to adhere to our SUP/Kayak Age Restrictions: All under 16’s using SUP/Kayak equipment must be supervised by an adult during the hire period. The adult must also be taking part in the activity, e.g. they cannot ‘paddle’ or swim nearby. All under 10’s can only accompany an adult hiring equipment and must not use boards alone, even if an adult is nearby. Max. 4 ‘under 16’ children per accompanying adult. Max. 2 ‘under 10’ children per accompanying adult.
- You agree to adhere to our Surfboard/Bodyboard Age Restrictions: All under 16s using Surfboard/Bodyboard equipment must be supervised by an adult during the hire period. The adult must be on the shoreline, and does not need to partake in the activity. All under 10’s must be accompanied by an adult who is in the water in the immediate area at all times. Max. 4 ‘under 16’ children per accompanying adult. Max 2 ‘under 10’ children per accompanying adult.
- You declare that you have previous experience using the equipment you choose to hire, We cannot hire to beginners, and it is at the discretion of the Surf School Assistant/Coach whether or not you have sufficient experience to hire.
- You accept that if the beach is ‘red flagged’ by the RNLI all equipment must be returned immediately for your own safety. If there are offshore winds RNLI lifeguards will fly a windsock – in this case SUP and kayak hire will cease and must be returned. If a member of staff or lifeguard asks you to leave the water/instructs you in any way this must be followed immediately. If there is a significant amount of time left of your hiring period you will receive a partial refund to that value. In the case of sudden adverse weather, poor visibility (fog/sea mist), accident, injury or any other incident please return equipment if possible and seek a lifeguard or your Surf School Assistant/Coach. You will only be refunded if your hire period is terminated due to unsafe conditions – e.g. not due to inadequate surf or because of an accident.
Refunds & Cancellations
Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received. Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
- 7 days or more to booking date = 100% refund
- Between 48 hours and 7 days to booking date = 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours to booking date = 0% refund
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- SUP – up to £800
- SUP Paddle – up to £75
- Surfboard – up to £150
- Wetsuit – up to £75
- Kayak (single or double) – up to £800
- Kayak Paddle – up to £100
- Bodyboard – up to £100
- Lifejacket – up to £60